2.08.2006

here is my awesome apartment. It works pretty well for my purposes. The one drawback is that the doorways are pretty low so i have to duck going through every one of them. i was pretty good about avoiding them last night when i was aware but not quite so lucky this morning when i was half awake. It kind of snuck up on me. i turned my head into the doorway and almost knocked myself down. It is going to make me hard headed (something i have never been).

i started out doing wash as i was unpacking my bags because i was getting low on the delicates (underwear). i was going to have to start turning them inside out and wearing them again. Drying might be a little bit of an issue because it takes them a while to hang dry. Hopefully they are done tomorrow morning as i need a pair. Hang drying your clothes always equated to being extra clean and smell nicey in my mind but i feel like that is not really the case here. The air is pretty polluted and it is in the middle of a city so it probably will not have that line dried freshness. we'll see.

this is the street outside my building. Lots of places to go and explore. There is a convenience store also right on the street that has stuff i can grab and try to figure out how much to pay for. Calculators are a boon in this case because they cut out the need for a common language.

the walmart is pretty close so i can grab more traditional supplies. Sheets, toilet paper, and what not. i am not sure how i feel about shopping at walmart seeing as how i disagree with almost everything they have done in the us. i have been looking around for another department store that i can walk to and avoid walmart going forward.

lets play a quick game. Look at the picture to the left and see of you can notice what is missing. My guess is that no one will see it because i did not until later.

the difference that i have been noticing every night when i walk home from work is the lack of street lamps. It makes it dark when walking around through different alleys to get home. It just seems to be a part of the way things are done here. i would be curious to know if it adds to the violent crime rate or not.

the building below is my building from the outside. i am living on the second floor though so not much of a view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried for a while to figure out what was missing from that picture and the only thing I could come up with is that the van has no white lights to show that it is backing up, or else it could be that it does have it and I'm just going colorblind. And by the way Justin if you're wondering who this is its Woo-Jin. Take care.