12.24.2008

Snow In Seattle

So after a week of taking photos of the snow here are my six favorite.  Surprisingly there are not that many pictures of just snow.  Turns out to not be that exciting or I am not creative enough to make it interesting.  Although if you check here there are some photos of snow to give you an idea of how crazy it was here for the last week.

Today it started raining / heating up so we will probably have snow for Christmas but not much beyond that.  I am a little sad that the days working from home are going to be over as I was able to gain back two hours a day from commuting and put that towards having fun.  Maybe I will look for a job in Seattle...  In this economy I think I might wait.

This was taken off the balcony one morning before sunrise with the tripod.  I really like the flare of the light as it reminds me of getting a super clear in Katamari II:

20081218_JB_0649

This is outside of our condo.  I like the contrast of what I always think of as a tropical plant (which is an incorrect belief) with the snow.  Weird to see such green with the snow:

20081218_JB_0864

This is a random shot that I really liked.  I was happy with this as I did not need to crop any.  Finally starting to get the shot right in the camera which is what I am aiming for:

20081218_JB_0785

Walking home one night on Pine when the traffic was crazy backed up due to the snow.  For those in the know it went from Pine and Boren to 11th.  It was bananas.  I really like the colors and the lack of structure.  I have been working on a post called "Pretentiousness Ahead" which goes more into this idea and really lives up to its title:

20081219_JB_0536

This was a morning shot when the snow was finally breaking.  I like how different the layers of clouds were and how pretty the sky looks:

20081222_JB_1568

This is from today and I like the difference in the focus on the birch trees.  It also reminds me of growing up as we had a big (for a birch) birch tree in our front yard we used to climb and play on:

20081224_JB_1844

Overall the last week has been awesome in terms of me feeling like I am growing in learning how to take pictures.  I am glad we got the snow and oh yeah happy birthday Baby Jesus.    

No comments: