12.13.2008

One Of The Leavings

I am still putting together the remaining family pictures so I will post this which has been hanging around for a while.

So along with weddings this was the summer of leavings.  People left Seattle to go to such far-flung places as NYC, DC, San Fran and London.  For a variety of reasons I only caught one going away party on my camera.  It happened to be Marques' going away party and perhaps one of the reasons I got pics was because it lasted for something like 4 days.

On the first day there was light and a gathering at Barca where we went around the table to get a photo of everyone or everyone who was there at the time.

P1060009

P1060010

P1060011

P1060012

P1060013

P1060014

P1060015

After much chatting and drinking, dancing was in order so we all headed to the war room.  As I was buying drinks I decided that 6 beers would be a good amount for me and Marques as 3 a piece seemed right.  He came to the same conclusion independently and for a brief glorious moment we had 6 a piece.  That ended in sadness though as fingers gave out when we decided to cheers all 12.  I believe around 6 survived so it worked out in the end.

P1060018

The next night took place at Satellite where we had the pleasure of witnessing a brass band playing in the streets and eventually the bar.  I am not sure where they came from but it was a great time.

P1060041

The next day was some buffet at the place on Lake Union.  We did a non-optimal seating job so the three biggest people ended up a little crowded:

P1060045

We then headed to Gasworks for some frisbee and kite flying.  We also gave some tips to children rolling down the hill on how to improve their roll but they proved to be poor students.

P1060049

Some serious kite flying was occuring here.  Marques and Gautam managed to get the old school kite up for over an hour.  Everyone else struggled with the fancy two handed kite:

P1060055

Here are some more pictures.

No comments: