12.16.2008

The Long Way Home

As mentioned earlier we took a couple of trips.  One of the reason my sister's fam is out here is that they are looking for a new place to live hence their visit to Oregon.  While they were here they decided to head up to Bellingham as they had heard nice things.  I tried to talk them out of it as I had never heard anything about it but after we all went up there I was proven wrong.  It is a really nice area.

So we had lunch and decided to come back without using 5 as much as possible.  We drove around and saw lots of pretty areas and then headed over to Anacortes to check out Deception Pass.  We got there with about 5 minutes of daylight left (Thanks winter) and appreciated the natural beauty quickly as it was cold and raining:

IMG_7810

Then someone decided the quickest way to get home was to go down through Whidbey and catch the ferry to Mukilteo as opposed to going back to 5 (Thanks Yachi).  I tried to convince them of their folly but we decided on this path anyways.  Unfortunately it was pitch black at this point so there was not much of a chance to see the island.  The ferry proved to be fun though.  Yachi got hungry and had to be removed from the baby:

IMG_7826

Morgan took a rest after watching the boat go through the water with Kip:

IMG_7839

My dad took a nap on Calla's head while she was the epitome of grace:

IMG_7849

We even managed to get a good family shot while running back to the car as we were docking:

IMG_7852 (2) 

More here.

3 comments:

The General said...

I went to Western, so maybe I'm biased, but I think the Bellingham area is pretty outstanding. If you didn't on this last trip, try taking a drive down Chuckanut Drive. Also, Fairhaven, just south of Bellingham proper is a neat little town.

Oh, and downtown, you can pop into the Ranch Room and the Beaver to see some of the bars I spent too much time in.

Anonymous said...

um, I don't believe it was my idea to drive through whidbey. nice try, though.

justified justin said...

We went to those areas and really liked them. I was impressed with the whole place. When I was talking about driving around it was on chuckanut drive.

Next time we are there we will see the bars. hopefully that is where my sister ends up so Yachi and I get to spend more time there.