11.05.2008

New Camera Pics

Available here.  After waiting 3 years to buy a SLR I have to say I am really happy to finally get this.  I picked up a Canon 30D from Ebay through the current Live Search 25% cashback offer which means I got it for about $350 which is a smoking deal.  I also picked up a really good cheap lens which is a prime so less moving parts which makes me focus exclusively on learning the body which has been cool. 

Overall I have been really happy playing with the camera and enjoy even my crappiest pics which I am going to force on all of you here.

The first pic ever taking with my uncooperative model:

IMG_6032

On the walk to the store:

IMG_6099

At the store:

IMG_6133 

Outside the store:

IMG_6103

With a slightly more cooperative model:

IMG_6172 

And the most cooperative:

IMG_6185

3 comments:

Y said...

jealous! i've been drooling over the nikon d40, which is a supposedly cheaper lower end SLR, but still not bad. my friend just got a canon 40d. you may see it if he comes up to seattle!

justified justin said...

I would stay away from he d40 as you cannot reuse those lenses on the higher end Nikons. Go with a Rebel or a d80 if you can get a good deal on the cashback part of it.

Anonymous said...

Will your unproductive model and friends be gone by the time Thanksgiving is over? (Just a suggestion:they would make a nice appetizer)