3.28.2007

Good Times in the Mountains or Switchback Driving with a VIP Cake in the Back

These are from my sister's awesome wedding last year in the middle of the mountains Colorado.

The wedding was a whole bunch of fun and I can only hope that mine matches up to hers. All the involved families got there early and spent time hanging out in the cabins, spending time with one another and playing a little golf. For a fun little game try to determine which of the people I am related to in the following pictures.


The one thing that I failed to remember about being in the mountains though is how much closer you are to the sun and how much quicker my already fair complexion burns. I managed to survive though through a self-medication regime that involved wine, good food and lots of time in the pool.


Another thing about the altitude was that it made my camera unusable for all but some random five minutes a day.

It decided to work again at the BBQ rehearsal dinner where the food looked awesome and from what I heard it was. It also included some great picture slide shows that everyone enjoyed immensely. Much props go to Kip's sister (Kip being my sister's husband) for putting those together.

A good picture of the womans before the camera started to go.


And my uncle's and aunt as the camera started giving up the ghost.




And then the camera pretty much gone:


Overall it was a great weekend and everything worked out more well than could be imagined at least from my perspective.

The only potentially fatal flaw was making me drive up from Denver with the wedding cake in the back with only Morgan's friend Becca to secure it.

We managed to keep it pretty unbattered though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look frightening in that last picture. eesh!

justified justin said...

Not my fault, all the camera