6.22.2007

Underneath The Brooklyn Bridge

Here are the photos back from a long missed absence. As promised a while ago I have finally gotten off my lazy ass and posted some.

These are from when Yachi and I went to NYC for a friend's wedding. It was a gorgeous wedding and a lot of fun as well. I had a chance to see some people that I have not seen in 5 -6 years now. The wedding was mostly held in the south end of Manhattan. We stayed at the hotel that was directly across from Ground Zero. That in itself was interesting. Seeing the site always makes me a little sad. It is amazing how much emotion a place can have even this long after such an event has taken place.

Anyways to the photos. On the plane ride there Yachi and I managed to be seated in the second to last row. This was not so bad except for the continuous smell of urine and the fact that we were almost the very last ones off the plane (the suckers behind us were last). The wait was compounded by the fact that they had run out of jetway drivers in JFK. This led to Yachi being in a fabulous mood.

After we finally got off we went to get our luggage and saw one of my favorite signs of all time. It is just sinister enough to be scary.

After a great Cuban dinner we met up with some old friends and had a couple beers. It was just the right amount of drinking. Nobody was too drunk but we all had a good time.

The next day was the first time in over 15 times to NYC that I was able to play tourist every other time I was with a friend who had no interest in seeing the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building. I did get to go on cool tours though like seeing Queensbridge (the project Nas grew up in) and the first record shop to sell Biggie singles. To remedy this Yachi and I headed down to Battery Park so that we could see the Statue of Liberty. It is the far dot in the picture below close to the pier stake. Seen from such a distance it was not as majestic as I am sure it is up close. However I feel strangely fulfilled now that I have seen it.

On the way back there was a random collection of old school cop cars that were being displayed. It was cool seeing some of the 70's and 80's style it reminded me of the Blues Brothers.

We then rushed to get ready for the wedding which was in a beautiful church. It was pretty dark so not many of the photos turned out but it was one of the more stunning cathedrals I have been to. The wedding was really pretty and it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Afterwards there was quite a break so we got some food and drink and then headed towards the reception. On the way I saw this bottle in the window of a wine store. It is an empty bottle of Chateau Petrus. I doubt that I will ever have the pleasure of drinking this particular wine in my life and it was cool to see someone who owned a store whom was willing to enjoy such a rare bottle. They also had a nice collection of emtpy Burgundies.

The reception started at 7:30 and the bouncer outside the restaurant was not going to bend that time by a second so I amused myself by taking many random shots of Yachi and myself.

I really enjoyed seeing all my friends and am glad that the wedding went off as well as it did.

Random music selection:

Xzibit - At The Speed Of Life - Loud

This was his second album and still had a lot of cameos with crew from Tha Alcoholiks and Defari. It shows the promise that Xzibit had when he was first coming on the scene and before he decided to take advice from Snoop. There are a lot of strong tracks but Paparazzi and Foundations are the standouts. I remember hearing Paparazzi in a skate video and going out and buying the album as soon as the video finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.