6.17.2007

Running At The Ass Crack Of Dawn

So I ran in my first 5k yesterday. It was for a good cause and it was a lot less competitive than I imagined it would originally be. I expected lots of elbowing and shoving and I saw a little of that but was the recipient of none of it. Yachi and I even managed to finish in a respectable time for us (32.10 when we were aiming for something under 40). The main drawback was the time at which the event occurred (see title).

Afterwards though we stopped by Saley Crepes on Olive which is one of those places we have meant to eat at for a while now. I am glad we did the food was outstanding and the woman who owns the place is amazingly nice. Everyone who can should stop by and try out the crepes.

Random Music Review:

Fugazi - 13 Songs - Dischord Arguably the best Fugazi album of all. This compilation captures them at there most passionate and songs like Bad Mouth or Give Me the Cure show why this is one of the most influential bands. Waiting Room is the closest to a radio song and I wish all radio singles were as amazing as this. The entire album is strong and stands up to repeat listens even after owning it for 15 years (wow I am getting old).

No comments: