6.21.2006

My mom and aunt slept late, you know it was late if I was up for 2 hours before them. Makes sense though as they had such a long flight before they got in and we stayed up pretty late. Once they finally woke up we went up to Wudaokou to grab some breakfast and walk around.

At the coffee shop / bakery we went to, we got some of my favorite pastries here which I had highly recommended to everyone. My aunt took a bite of my favorite donut which I had just told her was the best thing in the world and almost spit it back out on the plate. Apparently she is not a big fan of red bean.

After this we wandered around and looked at clothes stores that had no where near the right size for any of us. One place had shoes that both my mom and aunt fell in love with. After asking if they had them in a size 40-42 we were directed to one shelf on one rack in the corner. We also saw Murphy Brown in the ATM when we pulled money out.




With new fat wallets we decided to hit the first of the three big markets, the silk market which specializes in fake branded clothes (North fake anyone?) and silk (Go figure). Before we got there though we wandered around Guo Mao where they have food thought which I can only imagine to be some kind of heaven on earth where you think about food and it appears.



The silk market was fun as always. I got some pants where the bottoms zipped off to make shorts for Cambodia. I held them up for length and everything looked all right, too bad that I got home and they appeared to be made for people with a negative body fat index. I couldn’t even fit a leg into them. We also ran into more mannequins but these were the glamour kind so they were not talking to anyone.





After this we went to the metro café for a good Italian dinner and some dessert at the green t house which sat us at their large center table even though we did not have reservations. More dry ice and overpriced dessert in a really fun environment.

No comments: