6.26.2006

Ming tombs and the Summer Palace, yet again

Tuesday was a busy day. My dad went to the Ming tombs outside the city which apparently are much smaller than the Qing tombs to the East. He said it was primarily one big structure which is pretty different than the Qing Tombs. He liked it but was through it pretty quickly. To kill some of the extra time he had the driver and the tour guide he went back to the Summer Palace and wandered around there. He also ended up buying a nice vase which should get back to him on one piece.


I had a lot of work to finish up before heading out on our trip so I made him sit around at my office for a while. I managed to get everything done I needed to though. Finally we were able to get some food and headed towards the hot pot place near my house. We got a nice table with a A/C fan blowing right on it which was great for personal comfort but posed a slight difficulty for the burner that was cooking our food. After a while we managed to work out a way of keeping it going though. I am going to miss hot pot in a big way.



No comments: