1.21.2006

So I am in Beijing. The flight was pretty uneventful. Ended up watching four movies on the way to Tokyo. Corpse Bride, the Chase, the Jewel of the Nile, and the Brothers Grimm. Monica Bellucci is in danger of being typecast as the not quite love interest in not so good fantasy / horror movies. Niche to be sure but perhaps lucrative. Japan kind of reminded me of Florida from the sky. Tons of water and golf courses. Just think in 30 days I will be able to find out if it is like Florida on the ground. The airport was interesting, one large clusterfuck was the fact that we had to re-xray our bags and our bodies in case we had some how acquired weapons on the plane. The airport designers decided to place the gateway to the xray machines right where the moving sidewalk let off. This works out great when there is no line to the xray machines but when a line builds up it starts backing up the moving walkway. You throw a bunch of people who don't understand the language on top of that and you have a moving walkway with people stopping and people who can't stop. It was pretty funny to watch from the sideline, as I decided not to take the walkway. They also had a beer machine that tipped your glass to the right angle and poured it for you to give you just the right pour. I took a picture of the limousine I got to ride in and hopefully attached it. Beijing's airport was much less exciting, I just grabbed my luggage and got in the waiting car. The hotel is as fun as a hotel room can be. Actually that is probably not true, from what I hear the hotel rooms in Vegas see lots of fun and I am sure mine is much less exciting. I left my room briefly this morning to eat breakfast. Since then it was been a Michael Crichton movie marathon. Right now I am on Congo. Let me tell you the excitement just doesn't stop with Justin. I have some room service coming soon and then I will probably watch another couple of movies and go to bed. I attached some pictures of the room so you can have an idea of my living arrangments for the next little while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so we have already laughed our as.... off. I can picture the Tokoyo airport - we will be prepared!

MOM

Anonymous said...

How do we get to your pictures?? Mom