1.24.2006

Alright so I am being slightly lazy tonight and included my post with these pictures of dinner.

The first is of Xu before we ate. I am working with him on developing a UI automation framework.

The next picture is of me,Bobi and Gary. Bobi is on the team I am working with and Gary is the lead of the team I am working with.

The last picture is of (From left): Bobi, Gary, Jian, Ivan, Can't remember, Cong, and was never introduced.

Today was fun. Busy but good. As you can tell we had dinner out at East Ocean which was very good. Lots of different things to try, I think my favorite was this really spicy chicken. It was also nice to spend some time hanging out with the people I am working with getting to know them better.

It was funny though to see the age gap that I touched on briefly yesterday. Our table was like the adult table at Thanksgiving. The other table was younger and ended up watching TV all night and not talking much. I am glad I ended up at my table. This topic was brought up by Gary who was the oldest among us so I don't think I am completely crazy in thinking this.

I also found out why they are playing English videos on MTV in the morning, it is to teach Chinese people English. That thought screwed with me for a while. I imagined everyone talking like Vanilla Ice and could not stop laughing to myself.

It is turning colder. I am guessing it is negative something Celsius, maybe -8 or something. I could probably find out but am too lazy. It has not rained once though so I am happy. Also it is sunny when I walk to work which is cool.

Jet lag kicked in a little bit today, I woke up at 6:30 and could not fall back asleep. I am hoping that after today being so busy though I will not have any trouble staying in bed tomorrow.

One interesting cultural difference is that drinking with meals is not done. It does not seem to be verboten, it just is not something that people seem to do. By drinking I don't mean the alkyhol, just water or coke. Although at dinner tonight the tea was always full. Also everyone had a beer except the females.

Work is cool, I talked to a bunch of people about this automation project today and got all jazzed about it by their enthusiasm, There was a point where everyone was giving each other high fives and hollering, it was like those Starbuck's commercials. Overall fun.

CD recommendation for the day is Amon Tobin - Out from out where - Ninja tune. Less paranoia inducing then some of his other stuff. Takes jazz to a whole different level.

Last note, I am not ignoring any mails sent to my gmail account I just have not had much spare time. I will try to catch up on those tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin - the blog is really awesome! I really enjoy it as does everyone else - John has it up all day! Hope you are doing well-miss you but it's cool to be able to e mail you.The pics really give a sense of where yiu are and what you are doing.

Talk at yoyyu soon - must GO to work

Mom