1.03.2008

Want To Go Back To 1993?

or 2001 or any year between 1986-2003?  You can now do it.  At least if you commemorated your life through tapes as I did.  One of the best presents I got for christmas was the Plusdeck PC cassette player.

This beautiful device has allowed me to record all of my old tapes to wave format to be later ripped to mp3 for iPod delight.  I have been continuously amazed at how easy this whole process is and have gotten through around 24 tapes in about a week.  Only 20 more to go.

Every day has me going nuts over the most recent tape to be transferred.  It is crazy to me how much of my life I have associated with music and how this particular part was relatively inaccessible since I got rid of a stereo.

My favorites so far have been the mixtapes mostly.  Both the kind you make to impress someone you wanted to date and the kind that you make to drop off at clubs and try to have them book you.  I have run across a ton of things that were only captured to these tiny analog reels and am pretty excited about having them back.

Next time you want to convert a tape let me know as I have it down to a science now.   Also if you want to jump in a quick time warp you should swing on by and check out my Primus / Naughty by Nature mixtape.

No comments: