7.01.2007

What You Want To See More Pictures Of China?

OK.

Here you go. As you might have guessed from seeing a second post on the same subject these are the photos I like for nothing more than aesthetic reasons.

Many tiles. Piles of tiles you could say, hahahahahahaha!

Some color in the hutongs

$6 tea. That was the equivalent of 176 Oz. of beer. It was worth it though. As mentioned in Marie Antoinette, the flower opens in the pot.

Walls in Summer Palace



The verdant forest in the summer Palace

A wall in the summer Palace

Silhouettes

The famed marble boat that ended the dynasty system in China

Landscape with my camera flaw extremely apparent in the upper left corner




Music:

Smog - A River Ain't Too Much Too Love - Drag City

You won't be supporting a good Seattle label with this record but a good Chicago one instead.

Smog is the moniker of Bill Callhan (who has recently started releasing music under that name). He has released many albums that are predominantly him and a guitar, singing and playing. I think of him as a male Cat Power but he might have been around before her. I think I am losing indie cred as we speak because I don't know that. I am not sure I will be allowed into Linda's anymore having admitted that. He has the same truth in lyrics that draws me to Johnny Cash. His arrangements are also beautiful and sparse which gives his voice a lot of room to impact you. The songs where he decides to incorporate more than just the guitar are usually successful as they have a lot of artists who fit in ways that you would not necessarily expect. Not something you would listen to before something that requires amping up but a beautiful counterpart to the sort of weather we have been having around here recently.

No comments: