5.20.2007

A Cruise With No Outbreak Of Any Horrible Stomach Diseases

Last summer I went on a cruise with my family for a reunion of sorts on my momses side. I had never been on a cruise and it ended up being a really good time. I love spending time with my family and it was cool meeting some members of the family that I had not before. The cabins were not really made for someone of my size but I managed to survive. We were on the boat for 5 days, two of which were in the LA port. The other places we saw were San Diego, the Catalina islands and somewhere in Mexico.

On the first day there was a lot of logistics. What to do if the ship starts sinking and what not. We of course took all this very seriously as evidenced by the demeanor of my family here.

After a heavy day of learning how to get on and off lifeboats and what "Women and children first" really means we were greeted on our return to our rooms by the first of many incredibly cute towel animals.

Dinner was always promptly at 6 which worked well for my family's eating schedule. We always managed to have a great time at dinner.

Look at the smiles on those faces, even on my Aunt Barb's and my Grandma's

There was one formal dinner event which was fun as everyone brought something nice and we all got to get dressed up (Except for the matriarchs whom have won that privilege through putting up with the rest of us for so long).

The Catalina islands proved to be really pleasant and surprisingly patriotic.

They are just a really nice little resort town with really cool beaches. They also had a area that you could go scuba diving in and see a ton of interesting animals. I had neither goggles or breathing apparatus but i made due. Mostly I saw random blobs of bright color while underwater but they were colors you don't see that much.

From there we went to Mexico and I picked up the best purchase of the year. Yes I got the mask and proceeded to where it around Mexico and the boat for the rest of the trip. I still take it out occasionally in Seattle and guarantee that you will see some of those pictures soon.

When we got back to LA we had one last family dinner in LAX where we watched a 3 year old crush her mother's sushi into the ground and then shovel it all into her mouth while her mom was in the bathroom. If I ever have children I plan on making a no traveling with them by myself rule to try to avoid this situation.

I thought I would leave you with the sexiest photo I have ever seen.



No comments: