12.20.2006

The Hidden Meaning of a Children's Story

Yachi and I went to see the Nutcracker as performed by the Pacific Northwest Ballet last night. Overall the performance was really entertaining. The dancing was good and the set was amazing. As Yachi pointed out though there was a weird air of racism to the whole story. The mouses were very African and the soldiers very German. Guess who was not portrayed in the best light, like running around with spears light.

Here is a cute picture of us though:


Also I got a piece of mail that I think might be the most awesome thing I have ever got. I apparently am a good driver according to Pemco even though my last insurance company had to give me $2000 less than MSRP on the car I broke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the nutcracker! you guys might have permanently ruined it for me, with your racism accusations. have a great christmas, see you when you get back.