5.27.2006

This weekend was not the most fun weekend I have had recently. In fact it probably ranks up there with most non-fun weeks in a while.

When I woke up Saturday morning I had to take Yachi to the airport which was the height of no fun. Although many funny things did happen. After we finished grabbing breakfast we went to the customs entrance and walked up to the front where she was able to walk through. I went over to wait near there in case she was not able to get on her flight.

As I was standing there I realized there was a huge line to get into the customs entrance. It was comprised solely of foreigners though who stood there forever not making any headway because the flow off people who were not waiting in line was pretty constant. There also seemed to be a high percentage of old men getting on the plane who were drunk as hell. Like having to lean on one another to walk drunk, remember this is 7:45 in the morning. I doubt I could drink that much in the morning unless I did not sleep the night before.

On the way home I got caught in three different traffic jams at 8 - 8:20 in the morning. I was amazed there was that much traffic out. I also saw my first bus accident here. Some woman had clipped her window off on the bus and the bus passengers were pissed off. They had to get off and were milling around the highway trying to determine how to get on the next bus. Overall I was amazed no one was running into any milling people.

To add more happiness to the day I found out that a 2.2 GPA in undergraduate just is not enough to get into Columbia business school with. Yes indeed they decided that I just was not up to their admission’s standards. For those of you that did not know I was applying to business school you can just pretend that you never read the above. For those of you that did know, I am not that distraught, there is an opportunity that I was going to take anyways at work and defer school if I got in. Who knows maybe it will improve my chances if I decide to reapply.

I ended up cleaning the house and watching lots and lots of curb your enthusiasm. One thing that frustrated me was that I just wanted some pizza for dinner but could not call and order it for delivery because of the language difference. I had to jump in a cab to go there and order it then take it in a cab home. It was about a 45 minute investment.

For Sunday I just wandered around my neighborhood looking for a place to get my key copied because I managed to lose one. After going to a couple of places that did not have the right size key I found a guy sitting on the corner repairing shoes who happened to have a key copying machine and the keys I needed.

I have had better weekends but you need the bad to recognize the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JB - sucks about columbia. im sorry but consoled by the fact that it must not come to any surprise to you as 2.2 is a bit of a stretch for anything except buffalo law...clearly no weight was given to your 4.0 in madden. however, i have heard wonderful things about the ypsilanti community college mba program.