5.24.2006


Pics from when Yachi and I went to the Forbidden City. I realize that I just posted some Forbidden City pics but I am trying to get back into chronological order so deal with it.


Yachi in front of the tree that was stunted to look like the Chinese character for person. Note the 20 quai drink in her hand. Price gauging the tourist is a global behavior.


Scary halloween trees.


A very small bamboo forest.


A very fancy gold bannistered phone booth. I was the subject of much ridicule for taking this picture. Everyone else in the area stopped what they were doing to laugh at me taking it.






Old style fire extuingesher.


Meaner than 20 snapper turtles. Look at that face.




I know why the caged foo lion sings.




One of my favorite pictures I have taken and I am not quite sure why.


A couple not shy about where they come from. I asked them if they had any ketchup with them in a french accent. They were not terribly amused.




Because it was cold enough that you needed two hoods.


The starbucks in the dead center of the Forbidden City. I asked for sugar with my latte and got a cinamanon struedel latte.


A little Seattle love.


Packed with some people trying to maintain a semblance of a line and the rest of us who just cut to the front as quickly as we could.


Deep thoughts.


Proving that every house has a broom closet.


Some space age tiger shit.




Read this and tell me how not eating onions, chives or garlic is fasting. Shit that is half the English with their bland food. I am going to write a book about this fasting and call it the East China Diet. Pretty soon you will be hearing about it from your fitness obssessed neighbors.




Bars always make me curious about what great things are hidden on the other side. I will always wonder about this.




A slightly different sort of structure that I had never seen before and have been unable to see since. Maybe it was like the wardrobe and I should have wandered around in it to find a nice Christian battleground.





No comments: