2.04.2009

A Slight Diversion

From our scheduled programming.  I was thinking about it recently and this blog has turned quite a bit from what I originally planned for it.  It started off as a travel blog and then was a dumping ground for random fun stuff I found on the interweb interspersed with some deeper thinking.   Now it is the 365 site where I am posting my new passion.

I miss having a place where I can put some of the longer posts that just don’t really have a place lodged in with my pics.  I also chatted with a friend a couple of weeks ago about exploring some other interests and how to make that happen.  He had the great suggestion of setting up a new blog to capture some of the thoughts I had around things and sharpen up on my writing.

I like this idea but don’t have enough time currently to post with any regularity to this new blog.  I have also noticed that a lot of people’s blogs I follow seem to have tailed off on posting anything with a lot of substance.  Everyone seems to be using facebook and other mechanisms to keep their networks  up to date (which is what facebook is for and why you will see me on it soon).  All of this tangentially gets me to the long winded point of this post:

Collective Mind Grapes

This blog will be dedicated to whatever people want to write about and hopefully you all will help out with keeping it filled with interesting essays.  I will probably post on music and politics, perhaps economics if I get my shit together.  Point being, let me know if you want to add anything to it and we can work it out.

2 comments:

divya said...

i love it! i've been meaning to start a science blog (to get myself back in touch with science) - is that something that belongs on collective grapes? Each week I'd probably try and pick a recent scientific finding, read all the literature on it, and write an accessible summary. If that sounds boring to you, I can just start my own damn blog for it :)

justified justin said...

That sounds great. Just let me know when you want to post it.