4.26.2007

The Exciting Metropolis of Bellevue

Is where I spent my week so far. I was at a management conference / event and it turned out to be really interesting, enlightening and fun. To be honest I am pretty surprised at how much I enjoyed and got out of this training. It had all the necessary components of an awful week, a random hotel in a suburb, no communication with others, lots of opportunities to "open oneself up to the experience", only Microsoft over-achieving managers, etc...

Instead I learned a great deal about myself and the way I approach random situations. I won't bore you with all the details as they are probably not very exciting but I am glad that I did not waste a week of my life. It is funny how jealous of my time I have become recently. If I had not gotten anything out of this training I think I might have gone slightly crazy.

I am happy to be out of Bellevue though. The time spent there made it even more apparent that I am nowhere near ready to spend any significant time in a place such as that. The one advantage of the project I picked is that it involved a food bank in the U-District so I got to spend a lot of time there and in various areas of Seattle that I have never been too. Overall it was a great week and I am sure you will hear me mention it at some point. Feel free to tell me to take a little shut the hell up though if I babble on too long.

No comments: