2.04.2007

Fortuitous Circumstances

I got lucky Friday night in seeing DJ Babu. I started the night off waiting in various lines forever. After rapidly tiring of that I saw Ryan and Ella and went with them to Rosebud where Eric showed up and we got nice before waffling on heading back to the War Room to try to catch the show. I finally got my way and we walked in right as Babu came on.

He started off playing a lot of funk and rare groove with a set that was a little too close to Q-Berts on Demolition Pumpkin Squeeze but still fun to dance to. As he moved into more recent territory, Ann, Chris, Teresa, and Elaine disappeared. That left Eric to bear the brunt of my excited punches to the shoulder as Babu dropped the crazy shit. What night could be bad when you get to hear both Liquid Swords and the Ten Crack Commandments? Overall a great show and one that turned out to be a lot of fun even though the night started off not so well

No comments: