9.11.2006

The Drunken Race

This Saturday was the pub race. For the non-Seattle residents a quick primer is located here. For those too lazy to read that site the gist is that you cross a scavenger hunt and a pub crawl. We ran around Seattle for 5 hours drinking heavily and looking for McDonald’s happy meal toys (note I did not say a hard scavenger hunt).

My team mate was Marques and our team was team champion. Due to our combined weight being much higher than everyone else and our ability to drink (coupled with Marques' competitive streak) we were the favorites entering the race. On the walk down to the first bar we prepared by grabbing some maps, water and protein bars which according to the FDA lower your blood alcohol level. At the restaurant we engaged in much strategizing and general bullshit with everyone else, thoroughly enjoying ourselves.




Once the race was on we were off running all over Seattle quickly becoming more and more inebriated. If you saw me in Capitol Hill running around let me know what I was doing as things got fuzzy at that point. It was a fun time and many thanks go out to Teresa and Jacob for organizing such an enjoyable time.

After two pounds of water weight and about 20 drinks Marques and I lived up to the hype. We took the title with Ben and Stina coming in a close second. Here is a nice picture of the trophy.


I have a good picture of Marques with the bartender at Linda’s but cannot get any pictures of my camera at the moment. They will be added once I pull the right cable out of a box somewhere.

The one thing I don’t have a picture of but wish I did was Marques’ shirt right before we had to switch them as one of the last challenges. Now I will be the first to admit that I sweat a lot but that shirt was dripping water. It was awesome. The people who loved it the most though were the people in the deluxe who had to hear in graphic sailor blushing detail why I did not want to wear it anymore and then see Marques and I’s naked bellies as we switched back getting fore-mentioned sweat all over their dinner. Nice.

I am already looking forward to next year.

No comments: