7.25.2006

Trifecta, say it with me


Saturday continued the fun. I packed most of my shit. For the observant out there you realize that I have said I was packing for about three days at this point, well I pack slowly with lots of hearts in between putting stuff in bags. Besides I learned that I had too much stuff really and not enough room, I did not realize how much stuff I accumulated over six months until I actually tried putting it all in bags.


After lots of fun packing I went to work for a while and did some work. After this unique achievement I went with Miao, Hua, and Michael to dinner at three men from Guizhou which was a Guizhou style restaurant. Supposedly this is the third style in the trifecta of Chinese spiciness (Hunan and Sichuan being the other two). It was spicy and also very sour. It actually reminded me a lot of Khmer food.


The dinner was fun. It was good having a chance to catch up with all those guys before I took off. The restaurant was pretty fancy as well, it was near the Green T House and the Worker’s stadium for those familiar with Beijing. Again we ordered way more food than we could possibly eat. The soup alone could have fed us all and Hua said that in Guizhou the bowls are even bigger. Basically one bowl of soup feeds a family for a couple of days.


After dinner we cut through the stadium and got my last foot massage at Bodhi. We talked about cameras for a while until we were hushed by the people in the room next to us for being too loud. I will miss that place as well. It is hard to beat $15 massages like that.

No comments: