7.25.2006

Going for that wet dog look


Friday was the beginning of the “Justin’s leaving” dinners. This one was with Xu who was the person I worked the closest with in the ATC. His wife was supposed to join but had left the day before for a conference. We could have used her expertise as she is a meteorologist and it was raining and neither Xu nor I brought an umbrella to work.


We had dinner at my favorite restaurant (Boiling Fish). The manager was so excited I brought someone who spoke Chinese. She could finally get all the questions she had about me answered. So we talked with her for a while and then Xu proceeded to order everything on the menu. We had a lot of food of which we probably finished a third. I got to try some more exotic things before I left like boiled pig’s feet. They are actually much better than you would imagine giving even more credence to my anything but muscles theory.


After dinner I walked home in the pouring rain cursing my utterances of Beijing never raining. I packed some more and went to bed. Not the biggest party night but it was fun having a nice dinner with Xu.

No comments: